CAurasel

...

Sunday 19 July 2015

Ready, Set, Grind. Episode 1: The Business Of Fashion


Hey guys, I'm Rey... And I am a fashion junkie. Not just the love of clothes but the business essence of Fashion. That's what makes a fashionpreneur.
So, who is a Fashionpreneur? To me, A fashionpreneur is a person who has possession of a fashion enterprise, venture or idea, and assumes significant accountability for the inherent risks and outcome.
(So basically accountability for the risk is a big part of this.)
In all the episodes of my blog series here titled 'Ready, Set, Grind' I will be examining fashion as a business and try to give you guys an insight into it from my experience as a 21 year old trying to wade through these waters. Most people who I have told about this series has promptly asked me to base it on breaking into the Kenyan market but my aim, be it in blogging or business is to aim for a global
market. Especially on the Business aspect. This is the part where most young Kenyan brands that have the potential to blossom into global brands go wrong.
Their excuse? Courier charges.
This is one reasoning that is too weak. When I started the BLVCK Posse Apparel Company, I believed in my brand and launched it to the world before launching it in Kenya. This enabled me to experience the global market which is more crowded than the local market.
At first it was exciting but it quickly became tough considering I had no business background, I just love clothes and making them.
I took that risk and it worked for me. How did I beat the courier charges? I didn't.
I just charged the  amount for shipping to each country. I believed in my product and took the risk of investing my time and money and even though I'm not close to where I want to be, this is what I love doing and that keeps me going.
Seeing as this is my first post on here, I just wanted to introduce you guys to what I do and what to expect.
For more info on me and my brand;
Check out my personal blog:
dailyrey.wordpress.com
Check out the BLVCK Posse Apparel Co. online store:
blvckposseapparel.storenvy.com
And follow me on Instagram: @reymungai
Cheers,
Rey

No comments:

Post a Comment